In 1881, Henry Starke began construction on a narrow gauge railway to carry logs to early Arcadia, Michigan. In 1893, he began construction of a standard gauge railroad that would eventually reach Copemish 21 miles away.
The narrow gauge railway ran east from Arcadia to a stop called Malcolm, a trip of about 5 miles. The standard gauge railway ran east from Arcadia 6.7 miles to Malcolm, another 10.6 miles to Henry, and then on to Copemish. At Henry and Copemish the A&BRR connected with other railroads.
At one point, the A&BRR made eleven stops between Arcadia and Copemish. This exhibit includes what we know about a few of those stops.
This section contains larger photos of the railway. Many are blow-ups of the photos shown in other sections. Others are new.
Museum Entrance | Timeline | Exhibits | Voices | Site Map | What's New