The private home on the site today was formerly one of the "twin
schoolhouses" that stood on the NE corner of Lake and Fourth Streets.
The building was moved to Arcadia from Burnham to serve the area's rapidly
growing number of school-aged children. In 1910, this building was moved
to the present location and converted to a two-story house.
Site Today: Northwest corner of Oak and 3rd Streets