Walking Tour:
The Arcadia High School

Next | Previous | Return to Map

Northeast corner of Lake and 4th Streets

Construction of the High School began in fall of 1910. The school opened soon after with grades 1-8. In the fall of 1913 Arcadia High School opened as a full 12-grade school. The first high school class graduated in the spring of 1914.

See "The Arcadia High School."

The site today

All that remains on the site today is the lintel stone that was above the main entrance to the school. The school was closed in 1964. The building stood vacant until it was demolished in 1977.


Next | Previous | Return to Map