Walking Tour:
Camp Arcadia

Next | Previous | Return to Map

View from Lake Michigan looking northeast

Owned and operated by the Lutheran Camp Association, this summer resort was begun with a gift of lakeshore property from Charles Starke and his mother Mrs. Henry (Maria) Starke. The buildings include a 50 room inn with dining room seating for 200, which was built in 1922 by Leo Tondu, a local contractor. It was renovated in 1998. About 2,000 guests are accommodated each summer at the camp with an adjacent community of 50 privately owned homes.     

Closer view


Next | Previous | Return to Map