The Twin Schools
Formerly northeast corner or Lake and 4th Streets
The Arcadia Village School was located in town on the NE corner of Lake and Fourth Streets. As lumbering waned in Burnham, its school was moved to Arcadia next to the Village School, and the two became known as the "Twin Schools."
See Also: "The Arcadia School District"
The private home on the site today was one of the Twin Schools. The building was moved to Arcadia from Burnham to serve the area's rapidly growing number of school-aged children. In 1910, this building was moved to the present location and converted to a two-story house.