Walking Tour:
Dr. Jamieson's Office

Next | Previous | Return to Map

Lake Street looking east from the 2nd Street intersection

Although this house has had many uses through the years -- hay barn, clothing store, post office, and shoe repair -- it is most remembered as the office of Arcadia's beloved Dr. Jamieson. He served the town from 1895 until his death in 1939. Dr. Jamieson was a country doctor with two small medical satchels, his horse and buggy in the summer, and his cutter sleigh and big fur coat in the winter. He brought most of the area's babies into the world during the period. The building is now a private residence and beauty salon.      

The Site Today


Next | Previous | Return to Map